24.4.05

B&S, I will love you always, anyways.

I got an e-mail this week saying that Belle and Sebastian were going to be playing a special, one-up concert of their old, mid-90's album (not to mention the fact that it's their BEST album), If You're Feeling Sinister, live in London on 9/25. Mind you, they're my favorite band, but I've not yet been able to see them live. One sticking point is that I don't really like their current stuff, which is what I'd mostly expect to hear when I see them in concert. So this was the perfect opportunity to step back in time and hear those classic B&S songs I missed.

I concocted a whole fantasy, nay, it was more than a fantasy, it was a plan -- about going to England for about five days, hitting the concert in London, and then renting bikes and traversing the countryside the rest of the time, biking to Oxford, staying at quaint hostels, a whole low-budget, but lovely, shebang. I even found round-trip plane tickets for a mere $236 each. The Izer was totally willing to go along, and gave me the go-ahead to count him into these plans, when...

I just checked to find the concert sold out. I could cry. No B&S, no Sinister, no bikes and rolling green hills. I'll have to find a way to make up for this. JetBlue just established service from NYC to Portland, OR. Maybe I'll go there and see the Decemberists in their hometown (a place I'd love to see, anyway).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home