29.3.05

The Weights May Be Lifting, They Just May

I feel that now that it is spring, I am not a brittle, cold thing weighed down under three feet of snow and commitments. The snow, at least, has melted, and I can see the end of some of the commitments. The Izer says that I'm a child and a poser for hating my research so. And it's not that I hate the actual work so much, it's that I hate the guilt that I associate with it for my own lack of responsible behavior towards it this past summer -- and now, the stress that I associate with it for my lack of time to finish it before I must present. But the end is in sight. I've got the "experiment" half over with, and it may be finished tomorrow afternoon. Then just the data analysis and creation of a poster, and the presentation... Ahhhh! An actual result.

My to-do lists have not gone as perfectly as one might have hoped, but they did allow me to get a lot more done than usual. Whenever I started to wander and get distracted (hm... I wonder what's in the fridge?), I thought "wait, you're supposed to be doing such-and-such on your list, so that you can put a glorious check by it." And I would actually get back on track. Imagine that.

As for Nik's comment as to whether I wished to actually confront the things I have to do... it's true, I do tend to avoid the items on the list which I don't wish to do anyway (such as making phone calls -- I still have a terrible phobia of calling people I'm not familiarly close with (*rolls eyes*... long story)) But in the end, I've been forced into them anyway. And being able to check them off in the end is definitely quite satisfying.

And on the gym front... well, all I can say is that spring break and the push to get my reasearch through have hampered my efforts, but I am not lacking in resolve to get back to it once my schedule has a little more room to breathe. I'm truly looking forward to it.

If I am writing oddly, it is the past few days I have spent translating Goethe for German class, and just tonight I viewed the splendid 90's movie version of "A Midsummer Night's Dream." A most excellent film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home