15.3.05

On another exciting episode of Yogis of Our Lives...

Yoga really works. I'm saying that, and I'm not even advertising anything. This afternoon, I made the mistake of eating a whole bagel with cream cheese for lunch. I do that sort of thing when I'm feeling my mood and blood sugar dropping, in a sort of weird effort to push it back up. But it's almost always the worst thing to do, since my blood sugar ends up plummeting instead, and I end up with a slump. Especially around 3 in the afternoon. But not today. I ate that bagel, and then I did the 5-minute yoga routine in the OM Yoga Today, then ate a couple of boiled eggs for some protein... and to my surprise, my energy level stayed up. Alison+bagel doesn't equal energy. Hmm... Maybe it was the yoga?

Sorry, this wasn't meant to be the boring yoga blog... it's just really important to me right now, because it a) lowers my stress level; b) helps me get some sort of exercise; c) may help me re-learn how to focus my mind, a skill which I seem to have nearly completely lost in the past year or two (case in point: Isaac calls me "ADD-Girl" quite often).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home